Monday, June 10, 2019

The Long Interminable Wait

So it looks like my hopes have been dashed. Despite wishing for a 2019 release, seems Cyberpunk 2077 won't be here until next freaking year. Le sigh. But it does look like it's gonna be incredible. Don't know how I feel about getting shot by Mike Pondsmith, but it's got Johnny Mnemonic in it, so that's a plus. Longtime fans are of course be aware that I've loved Keeanu Reeves' work since forever. Far longer than these ridiculous John Wick fanbois! (Can you smell how hipster I am? Should I bottle the fragrance and send it to you?) So yeah, that just makes the wait all the more painful. But... I suppose that's better than releasing a game before it's even close to finished. Looking at you Anthem.

Still bothers me just how badly Bioware managed to fuck themselves. Used to be such great story-tellers, now they are just... shit. I'd like to use a nicer word, but they just make soulless garbage these days. I remember back when I used to still have faith in Bioware, when I was dicking around in SWTOR. "Ohhh... I can't wait for KOTFE and Bioware's return to story-based content." Idiot == me; Another le sigh. Honestly though, while I do shit on SWTOR, it's not necessarily a bad game. And I have had plenty of good times in it. The initial stories were alot of fun, joined up with a raid guild and ground thru Ops with some great guys. But in the end, it just wasn't what I was looking for. The newer content felt staler and flater with each release (I mean come on, KOTFE was just "Avatar: Last Airbender the Star Wars Game"), and just didn't seem worth the investment of time or money. But now I've gone and ruined my flawless segue. Le sigh treble.

ANYWAY! Speaking of SWTOR, there was another set I was toying with around at that time. Based on the good-girl Ashara with a stereotypical Sith Assassin player you see running around in-game. Don't really remember where the story was supposed to go, but took what was there, added a few scenes, cribbed a Calm pic or two, polished up the horrific joint bends, rendered with some DoF, and Voila!

(Oh and when I said I was working on a couple sets... I lied. Finished this set too quickly and found another to polish up. So there is another one in the future.)


SWTOR: Ashara & Sith - 28pics
DOWNLOAD




13 comments:

IronCrab said...

Thanks for sharing!

snikydur said...

I've missed you!

Clu said...

Wow. Excellent set. Really looks like the Star Wars universe! Better than the Last Jedi for sure! Can't believe you're not selling this set, or setting up a Patreon.

Anonymous said...

Mongo you're the man! Any plans on making another chapter in the Serra angel series? And of course Mynxie, there's no such thing as too much Mynxie.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thank you! Great to see you making sets again!

Anonymous said...

Been playing the tabletop RPG for Cyberpunk since it was just called Cyberpunk back in 1990. Which took place in 2013. Then in the mid 90s, Cyberpunk 2020 came out. I find it fun that 2077 is coming out during 2020 and am totally hyped for it.

Anonymous said...

One of the long lost art masters is back! Thank you for your return.

Anonymous said...

Johnny Mnemonic? C'mon, I've been with him since Bill and Ted! (So psyched for Face The Music next year)

Hollo Voys said...

Ah yes, Johnny Mnemonic. AKA Shadowrun: The Movie. Got kinda panned, as I recall. Jerks. *I* had a good time.

Keanu's brand has been riding high these days. He seems to have the perfect niche; Hollywood seems obsessed with putting out one polished turd after another, and here's Keanu, just doing his own thing, being his own guy. He ain't perfect, and it shows, and everybody loves it.

And then he's Mr. Cyberpunk, thanks to Johnny Mnemonic, and happens along right when another honest and talented game developer comes along. Perfect storm of awesome.

Thanks for the next set. Really missed your work these years, and frankly, missed your opinionated reviews. They ain't perfect, either, but they're honest, and just the right kind of funny. If you run out of the latest material and decide to hang it up again for another year, I won't lie; I'm gonna be sad.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! The King is back! Hail to the King, baby!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for returning to the scene and offering those sets! They are simply amazing! Keep doing this, please, and let your readers know how they can help!

Didi said...

Surprised and thrilled to find new stuff here. Figured you were gone forever. Missed seeing your art and giving you money. Thanks for the cool new stuff. Hope Cyberpunk 2077 turns out as cool as you want!

Anonymous said...

See Mongo>Bongo back is a dream come true

Post a Comment